- 1/2 cup rice (chawal) , washed and drained
- 1/2 cup masoor dal (split red lentil) , washed and drained
- 1 cup chopped spinach (palak)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 cup peeled potato cubes
- salt to taste
- For Serving
- fresh curd
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, green chilli paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, masoor dal, salt and 3 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds