Mixed Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped french beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 2 tsp finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup spaghetti , broken into 25 mm. (1″) pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the basil leaves with ¼ cup of water in a mixer and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions, french beans, carrots, potatoes, cabbage and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, 4 cups of hot water, salt and pepper, mix well and pressure cook on a high for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using quick release method, (refer handy tip) before opening the lid.
- Add the basil paste, mix well and simmer for a minute. Serve hot.