Mixed legumes khichdi
- 1 cup long grained rice (basmati) , washed and drained
- 2 tbsp moong (whole green gram) , soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 2 tbsp masoor (whole red lentil) , soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 2 tbsp matki (moath beans) , soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 2 tbsp rajma (kidney beans) , soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 2 tbsp kabuli chana (white chick peas) , soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- To Be Ground Into A Smooth Paste (using A Little Water)
- 4 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1/2 tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
- For Garnish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- For Serving
- fresh curd
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds
powder, turmeric powder, salt and ¼ cup water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed pulses, rice, 4 cups water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with fresh curds.