Buck wheat khichdi
- 3/4 cup buckwheat (kutto or kutti no daro) , washed and drained
- 3/4 cup mixed sprouts (chana , moong and matki)
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram) , washed and drained
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- For Serving
- fresh curd
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cloves, peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the buckwheat and yellow moong dal and sauté on a slow flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the mixed sprouts, turmeric powder, salt and 4 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds