Bottle Gourd Soup
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 1/4 tsp butter
- 4 whole black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- salt to taste
For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 3 tbsp grated low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
- Combine all the vegetables, butter, peppercorns, salt and 3 cups of hot water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and paneer.