- 20 tender ladies finger (bhindi)
- To Be Ground Into A Smooth Paste
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted onion
- 2 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 1 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Wash, dry and slit the ladies finger lengthwise.
- Cut the ladies finger into half horizontally and stuff little prepared paste into each bhindi halve. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai, add the bhindi and the remaining paste, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes or till they become soft, while stirring occasionally. Serve hot with rotis or parathas.