Skip to content
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 4 peppercorns
- 25 mm (1″) piece cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 whole cardamoms (elaichi)
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 4 whole dry red chillies, broken into pieces
- 1 roasted onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic (lehsun)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- 2 cups blached cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp tamarind (imli) pulp
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania) for the garnish
- Heat a thick iron tava (griddle) on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds, peppercorn, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and roast for about 10 seconds.
- Add the red chillies and roast for 10 more seconds.
- Add the onions, garlic, turmeric powder, ginger-green chilli paste and ¼ cup of water and blend to a smooth paste in a mixer.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the paste and salt and dry roast for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring continuously
- Add the cauliflower, tamarind paste, vinegar, 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and serve hot garnished with coriander.