- 4 cups cabbage cubes
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 12 mm (1″) piece of ginger (adrak)
- 4 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , broken into pieces
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 1 cardamom (elaichi)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- salt to taste
- Combine the onions, ginger, red chillies, cloves, cardamom and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using 1 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the prepared paste and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, green peas and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.