- 8 small brinjals (baingan / eggplant)
- 1/2 fresh coconut
- 5 dry red chillies
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- a lemon size ball of tamarind (imli)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- a few curry leaves (kadi patta)
Roast fresh coconut, dry red chillies and corinder seeds.
- Cool and grind to a smooth paste by addind a little water and salt.
- Noe slit the brinjals into 2, making sure that the stems are removed.
- Now stuff the ground masala into the brinjals and keep aside.
- Heat the kadai and put mustard seeds, when they splutter, add the kaddipatta and the brinjals and leftover masala if any.
- Cover the kadai and cook on a low flame till the brinjals are tender.