Oats, Ragi Or Jowar Atta: What’s Better For Weight loss?
Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumb bell. It starts in your head with a decision – Toni Sorenson
According to an important research, low carbohydrate diet is extremely important for effective weight loss.
There are two ways of embarking on a weight loss journey:
Reduce Carbohydrates from your daily diet
Reducing carbohydrates from your daily diet leads to automatic weight loss without the need to count calories. These are easy ways to reduce your carb intake:
- Find alternatives to sugary drinks
- Avoid packaged snacks
- Limit refined bread & grains
- Eat low carb breakfast foods
Identifying low carbs in your diet
Second way is to identify low carbs in your diet. Do you know that low carbs are an important strategy for weight loss? The only obstacle in your weight loss journey is to know about these low carbs very well and use them compulsory in your daily diet.
What’s better for weight loss ? – Oats, Ragi or Jowar Atta
Here are some of the healthier alternatives of low carb diet which are known to accelerate weight loss while taking care of your well being.
Oats Atta: This flour is a good source of fibre. It may also aid in the reduction of cholesterol levels in the body. In addition to all-purpose flour, oat flour contains a significant amount of protein and healthy fats. Not to mention that it is high in healthy carbohydrates and contains a variety of vitamins and minerals.
The amount of minerals contained in oat flour is the first health advantage of this form of flour. Manganese has the highest mineral concentration, followed by phosphorus, magnesium, and copper.
The second advantage is that it is high in antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from premature decay.
Next, it will aid weight loss by making you feel much fuller after eating oats.
Ragi Atta: Ragi is high in calcium, proteins, iron, and vitamins, among other nutrients. It is, without a doubt, a full food that benefits our overall health, well-being, leading to weight loss.
Here are the best ways in which Ragi benefits your health:
- Ragi is best known for losing weight and shedding extra calories as an amino acid known as Tryptophan helps in reducing the appetite.
- Full of calcium & vitamin D it helps in strengthening the bones
- Reduces cholesterol & blood sugar levels
- Provides relaxation to the body in a natural way
- Helps produce adequate red blood cells thereby treating anaemia
- Rich in amino acids to ensure smooth functioning of body
Jowar Atta : A Jowar roti provides 2 percent of a daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2000 calories. This gluten free grain is rich in protein, iron, phosphorous and copper, Besides these, essentials phytochemicals abundant in this millet have been beneficial in losing weight and promoting heart health.
Benefits of Jowar atta:
- Helps in weight loss and increases satiety
- Supports brain health as it is rich in Vitamin B6, Niacin, Thiamin
- Presence of Vitamin C & K gives Jowar atta wound healing properties
- Rich in antioxidants that helps prevent ovary, rectum and breast cancer
Which one is better?
When it comes to fibre and other nutrients including calcium, phosphorus, and iron, all the above flours significantly outperform wheat flour. It is advisable not to stick to a single atta for your weight loss. You should consider rotating all of these flours or combining wheat flour with other flours to create your own multigrain flour.